There has to be a moment in between when I go to reach for some sugary snack or some ooey gooey cheesy goodness and the moment when it's in my mouth. Where's the pause button?
I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I realized that a lot of my eating patterns and habits are a reflex. The old standby junk food comforts (temporarily) , it fills (temporarily), and it's almost always within easy reach. So how do I find that pause button?
I'm working on a list.
So far I have:
1) Eat regularly, preferably smaller, healthier, mini-meals so that I am not famished during the day and just grab whatever is closest.
2) Get enough sleep. This helps me be more pleasant and also helps me make better choices since I'm more present in my day.
3) Keep envisioning my goals! My qwocmap film is debuting in June and I keep picturing myself on stage feeling healthier and more comfortable.
4) Get creative!!! There are lots of foods and food combos that I haven't tried and can satisfy cravings in ways that I didn't expect.
5) Savor treats. When I do eat something that is high calorie, enjoy it and stop sooner. Usually I will just keep eating because it tastes good and I can stop sooner or eat a smaller portion.
Hmmm... still working on the list, and obviously it's a lot easier said than done. My hope is that this list will be tools in my "bgettinghot" toolkit to use whenever I need it! Stay tuned.
Oh! And please add anything to the list that you have found works for you.