Thursday, April 1, 2010

B getting hot! March in Review

Wow! It's been a month of learning and the start of some fat burning! Hooray!

Thanks again for reading along and especially for your comments and ideas! If you're reading and you haven't commented, please chime in.

March getting hot in review, by the numbers:
16--days that I incorporated some form of movement, exercise or extra activities in my day.

5 (at least)-- new recipes and snacks I've tried in my effort to find foods that feel filling and tasty.

38-- posts sharing my steps and goals.

7-- pounds lost! (according to our scale, but my clothes don't feel different yet)

4-- pretty cool resources / websites I've just been introduced to/ recommend

2-- highest number of days of yoga in one week (goal is 3)

7-- number of pushups I can do (on my knees) without stopping

Those numbers don't truly sum up the month for me. More than anything is the feeling of support I have received from you and the moments when I've felt proud of myself for pushing myself to try something new, or to keep going! As I enter April, I'd like to focus on those moments of feeling proud and build on them.

A few areas I want to keep up on or do more of in this month:

  • Continue working through Fat Smash diet, and allow myself some treats without guilt when I really really want them and make the conscious choice (example, I fixed a hot chocolate packet for myself, but felt okay about it. 140 calories, not too too bad. I'm glad to have gone for that instead of buying a fancy SBUX chai or eating junk)
  • Keep going back to yoga, even when it feels hard
  • Find the joy in trying new foods and being creative with healthy foods instead of feeling deprived or discouraged.
  • Up my exercise! I want to exercise 4 times a week for at least 30 minutes each session.
  • Keep working on my pushups! My next video is in about 2 weeks!
  • Appreciate the journey!

Onward to April!!


2 comments:

  1. 7 pounds!!! In one month??!!!? Betha babay, that's outstanding. You have come so far in such a short time, I'm totally impressed and inspired. Oh, and I can't wait for the next push-up video, hopefully in a softer place this time =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks LB! I do feel proud of that accomplishment! And as much as I don't want to get fixated on a number, it is important to me to lose pounds. And yes, I promise next video will involve a more friendly surface, in honor of you and my knees (ouch!)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors