Saturday, May 15, 2010

Yoga in NYC!

Last weekend I went to New York for a real live vacation! The last 3 trips to New York have been for work, so I was delighted to see what heading out to NY for rest and relaxation could feel like!
How do you "turn off work" and head into vacation mode? I made a list for myself: 1) Since I was heading to the Oprah "Live Your Best Life" Weekend, I wanted to relax and really try to soak in all the beauty and delight of the Oprah-fied wisdom. 2) take a yoga class. 3) get a massage 4) eat delicious food 5) have a cocktail or three

First stop! A yoga class! I looked up a few options but then received an email from a friend announcing a "90s yoga cocktail hour". An hour of yoga moves and 90s jams.



Can't say that I've ever yoga flowed to ice ice baby before, but now I can.
As I work up to my 3 yoga classes a day it's fun to take classes at new studios. Just heard on Dr. Oz that he does: 50% cardio, 30% yoga, 20% strength training. (And speaking of Dr. Oz, stay tuned!)
How do you tune into vacation mode? does yoga do the trick for you?

2 comments:

  1. You didn't tell me about that yoga. When did the cocktails come in? During child's pose?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish there had been actual cocktails. But alas it was just "cocktail hour". Though if I remember correctly I did go out for dinner and a beer after class =)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors