Thursday, December 9, 2010

An evening with Oprah

I spent a totally cozy and lovely evening with the Barbara Walters special featuring Oprah. Oh Oprah, you continue to inspire me on a daily basis.

Tonight she spoke candidly about her relationship with her friends (her contemplating captured in the pic below); with her partner and with her show. It was truly inspiring. She also spoke about her relationship with food and with her weight.
I loved this. She said, overeating is about, "being out of balance and about being disconnected."
She says she will never diet again. She talks about her relationship with herself and knowing that "herself" is more than the size of her thighs.
So inspired by that reminder. Overeating is about being out of balance and disconnected. Out of balance... and disconnected....
I'm going to keep mulling that over. And continuing to seek balance and connection.

3 comments:

  1. I am impressed by the pictures you took of the tv. Although they look a little funny, they are the best tv pictures I have seen.

    Sorry, no thought provoking comment from me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps Look at all your posts in December! 11, and it is only the 10th.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors