Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Help me hydration!!

Last night I realized I was thirsty. I got up, filled a glass of water and promptly failed to drink it. Yup, that's it in the picture above, just sitting there waiting for me to pay it some attention.

When I woke up this morning I was super thirsty, but instead of grabbing that water, I got ready and went to get my Starbucks Chai Tea Latte. Now the logic behind that completely escapes me. I went on with my day, fueled up on Chai, ran pesky errands and even headed to Target which usually is a fun little excursion. And all day I was the crankiest girl ever.

Can dehydration make you cranky?

It's a gorgeous day in San Francisco, and despite my errands being pesky I had ample time to get them done. As a bonus I found a cute sweater at Target on sale for $3.00! So, I can only attribute my crankiness to complete and total dehydration.

I actually like water; so it's not like it's a battle for me to get a glass down. But I think I'm just completely out of the habit of drinking it.

Yesterday I drank:
A vitamin water
A chai in the morning
A ginger ale
and a chai around 5pm
A glass of red wine
1/2 shot of vodka
and... nope... that's it.
(I don't normally do shots of vodka, but my friend offered me a sample of a new brand. I also don't normally have 2 chais in one day, but yesterday I sure did.)

So that's 1,184 calories I consumed via beverages alone and it includes NO water. I'm embarrassed to admit it, but yowsa. That is totally not hot!

So I'm on a mission here. To drink at least 8 glasses a day, everyday.
And, gulp... I'm going to go on a Starbucks Chai tea fast. Yup, I'm going back to satisfying my chai cravings right here at home with bagged chai tea. Not only will this be good for my pocketbook, but it will also help me to ease up on 312 calories of delicious chai-tea-goodness.

P.S. Yes, the lamp is totally crooked in the post above. I got this lamp I love from Ikea and it will not stay level. Perhaps due to my assembly?

4 comments:

  1. Funny how those beverages add up in calories. For myself it's always been about the wine and the coffee drinks, the blendeds the lattes, the americanos the...well, everything. I cut back and it's worked well for me over the past year. I also enjoy water so cutting back wasn't really an issue. I found you via HYC by the way and your lamp is crooked because it's an IKEA lamp. I love IKEA but they wouldn't be IKEA if I didn't end up with something crooked every once in awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for reading and for your comment. I'll admit I hadn't been great about adding up my beverage calories so I was kind of shocked at the total! I'm on glass of water #2 for the day so that's progress =)
    And thanks for the reassurance re: the lamp. Gotta love IKEA but I tell you that lamp is the most lopsided little thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right. I find myself reaching for coffee first thing in the morning when I am really just thristy. If you want to down those 8 glasses of water in no time flat, try a straw!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh! Can it be a curly straw like when I was little? Good idea!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors