As you know I'm new to this blogging publicly thing and so it's an honor to know folks are reading and sharing this journey with me.
So with that honor comes this little list of fun to do's:
- Link back to the person who gave the award to you (done!)
- Share seven things about yourself
- Pass the award on to 15 recently discovered great bloggers (or as many as you can).
- Contact those bloggers and tell them they’ve won.
1. I love Oprah. Like really really really love her. As in, took a mecca to Chicago to go be at her taping and cried when she walked out, love her. She is such a source of inspiration and strength for so many folks to "live their best life"!
2. I love watching organizing shows: Enough Already!, Clean Sweep (not on anymore sadly), Clean House, Hoarders, you name it, I am fascinated by it.
3. Speaking of hoarding... I still have a box of love notes from high school. I should probably get rid of them, but just knowing they're there kind of makes me giggle and remember the covert passing operations we'd do in the hallway.
4. I talk to my Grandmother everyday. She reads me my horoscope.
5. Confession: I recently moved a tv into my bedroom (after swearing I'd never have a tv in my bedroom). I justified it by saying I would do workout videos in my room. I haven't done even one.
6. If I could watch You've Got Mail, Sliding Doors, Under the Tuscan Sun, and Sleepless in Seattle on one loop over and over, I could easily stay indoors for days, just glued to the tv and a box of tissues.
7. The class I think I actually got the most out of in college was my Singing for Actors class. I was so terrified on the first day, but by the end of the class I was belting out songs (still off key, but louder and braver). I think it changed me and it definitely brought more joy and music into my life.
It's perfectly timed that I got this award today, because I am just now writing a post about other blogs that I've been reading everyday!
So without further ado I am passing this award on to some fabulous bloggers that delight me with their vision, bravery, and sharing. You'll find your own reasons to love them, but I'll share just a tiny glimpse of why I check these blogs every week!
Fitness/ Health/ Well being bloggers-
I'm brand new to the world of fit bloggers. (More on that later). Here are a few of the blogs that had me at hello.
1. Half of Jess
Determined, motivated, smart, encouraging. Love reading her journey.
2. Small town heart gets smaller
Witty and funny. I so enjoy her updates.
3. Ohhhh... Flaxy Lady
Consistently trying new things, (including Jillian's 30 day shred! Yowsa)
4. Leaving Fatville
Another blogger keeping the humor in this journey!
5. 263 and counting
Totally puts her emotions out there in honest and readable ways.
6. Girl Stuck in a rut
Fun pictures of her creative eats as she navigates Weight watchers and the weight loss journey.
7. Scale Junkie
Totally love how she's opened up a whole community of healthy living bloggers.
8. Live Laugh Run Breathe
Just found this blog through the twitter world. I love her updates and tworkouts! (tweeted workouts during the biggest loser!)
Fashion/ Food/ Beautiful things
9. Jeana Sohn
Beautiful photos, art, fashion. Just a wonderful glimpse into the world of an artist. LOVE this blog!
INCREDIBLE writer, adventurer, activist, photographer, spirit. I so enjoy reading about her world.
11. Pink of Perfection
Delectable recipes, sharp insight, beautiful words.
Amazing organizers/ design folks
12. Space for Living
I'm biased, because this blog belongs to one of my closest friends. But I love how she totally tells it like it is. She wants "practicality, not perfection" when it comes to organizing and design. She's the first person I call when I want to brainstorm a creative solution.
13. I heart Organizing
Gorgeous solutions to organizing problems. Seriously amazing the things this woman does with decorative paper. So fun!
14. Young House Love
Prepare to become completely addicted (in the best way possible) to these creative diy lovebirds. Follow along as they transform their house into a home.
My intro into the world of bloggers. I read her blog daily as I began my move up to the bay area. Such incredibly beautiful photos and adventures in the city.
I don't have a blog roll up, but believe me when I say that I read these blogs all week long and they are a major inspiration. Hope you'll check them out!