Friday, January 28, 2011

Look ma! Part II

I'm super excited to have been given a Stylish blogger award by Sasha at Eat the Damn Cupcake!


As you know I'm new to this blogging publicly thing and so it's an honor to know folks are reading and sharing this journey with me.

Thank you!

So with that honor comes this little list of fun to do's:
  1. Link back to the person who gave the award to you (done!)
  2. Share seven things about yourself
  3. Pass the award on to 15 recently discovered great bloggers (or as many as you can).
  4. Contact those bloggers and tell them they’ve won.
Seven things about me

1. I love Oprah. Like really really really love her. As in, took a mecca to Chicago to go be at her taping and cried when she walked out, love her. She is such a source of inspiration and strength for so many folks to "live their best life"!

2. I love watching organizing shows: Enough Already!, Clean Sweep (not on anymore sadly), Clean House, Hoarders, you name it, I am fascinated by it.

3. Speaking of hoarding... I still have a box of love notes from high school. I should probably get rid of them, but just knowing they're there kind of makes me giggle and remember the covert passing operations we'd do in the hallway.

4. I talk to my Grandmother everyday. She reads me my horoscope.

5. Confession: I recently moved a tv into my bedroom (after swearing I'd never have a tv in my bedroom). I justified it by saying I would do workout videos in my room. I haven't done even one.

6. If I could watch You've Got Mail, Sliding Doors, Under the Tuscan Sun, and Sleepless in Seattle on one loop over and over, I could easily stay indoors for days, just glued to the tv and a box of tissues.

7. The class I think I actually got the most out of in college was my Singing for Actors class. I was so terrified on the first day, but by the end of the class I was belting out songs (still off key, but louder and braver). I think it changed me and it definitely brought more joy and music into my life.

It's perfectly timed that I got this award today, because I am just now writing a post about other blogs that I've been reading everyday!

So without further ado I am passing this award on to some fabulous bloggers that delight me with their vision, bravery, and sharing. You'll find your own reasons to love them, but I'll share just a tiny glimpse of why I check these blogs every week!

Fitness/ Health/ Well being bloggers-
I'm brand new to the world of fit bloggers. (More on that later). Here are a few of the blogs that had me at hello.

1. Half of Jess
Determined, motivated, smart, encouraging. Love reading her journey.

2. Small town heart gets smaller
Witty and funny. I so enjoy her updates.

3. Ohhhh... Flaxy Lady
Consistently trying new things, (including Jillian's 30 day shred! Yowsa)

4. Leaving Fatville
Another blogger keeping the humor in this journey!

5. 263 and counting
Totally puts her emotions out there in honest and readable ways.

6. Girl Stuck in a rut
Fun pictures of her creative eats as she navigates Weight watchers and the weight loss journey.

7. Scale Junkie
Totally love how she's opened up a whole community of healthy living bloggers.

8. Live Laugh Run Breathe
Just found this blog through the twitter world. I love her updates and tworkouts! (tweeted workouts during the biggest loser!)

Fashion/ Food/ Beautiful things

9. Jeana Sohn
Beautiful photos, art, fashion. Just a wonderful glimpse into the world of an artist. LOVE this blog!

10. Kloncke
INCREDIBLE writer, adventurer, activist, photographer, spirit. I so enjoy reading about her world.

11. Pink of Perfection
Delectable recipes, sharp insight, beautiful words.

Amazing organizers/ design folks

12. Space for Living
I'm biased, because this blog belongs to one of my closest friends. But I love how she totally tells it like it is. She wants "practicality, not perfection" when it comes to organizing and design. She's the first person I call when I want to brainstorm a creative solution.

13. I heart Organizing
Gorgeous solutions to organizing problems. Seriously amazing the things this woman does with decorative paper. So fun!

14. Young House Love
Prepare to become completely addicted (in the best way possible) to these creative diy lovebirds. Follow along as they transform their house into a home.

15. Sfgirlbybay
My intro into the world of bloggers. I read her blog daily as I began my move up to the bay area. Such incredibly beautiful photos and adventures in the city.


I don't have a blog roll up, but believe me when I say that I read these blogs all week long and they are a major inspiration. Hope you'll check them out!

20 comments:

  1. Girl I was wondering what happened to you and your lovely, creative blogging! Lost track of you after your last site. Thank you so much for honoring me among the websters that you're diggin' on. You were one of the first bloggers I read regularly whose writing consistently emitted warmth and love as well as smarts. Will always appreciate that inspiration.

    Congrats on this project, hope you're well! Big hugs,

    katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot! Thanks so much for the shout out. We're blushing over here. It's awesome to be in such good company. So many fun links to follow!

    xo,
    s (& j)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh! thanks so much! this totally just made my day!! :) I'm hoping to get my post up tomorrow. This is so fun, feels like being in high school again and taking the quizzes in seventeen magazine or something. please tell me I am not the only one who was in love with those, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Katie,
    Yes! I love that we are neighbors now here in the bay area! Hope you're well and so glad to be back in touch via the blogosphere!

    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Sherry,
    My pleasure! I totally look forward to your creativity and diy adventurous spirit! You remind me that tackling tough projects is totally do-able!

    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Kate,
    Totally totally LOVED those quizzes. That's what it felt like for me too! Thanks for reading along and sharing your ideas!

    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found you over at Sasha's blog. Now I have another interesting blog to follow. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Darla!! I'm glad you're reading along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you SO much! My first award.. I love it! =) I'll get it posted tomorrow after I can think of some facts about me to post. eek! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Brandi! It's my first blog award too! Happy to pass on the love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohh... I could watch you've got mail and under the tuscan sun over, and over, and over, and over, and over... :) Maybe I have!! Congrats on the award:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Bethany! Thank you SO much for awarding me!!

    (I love Oprah too-She rocks!!)

    Look forward to reading more and getting to know you :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much! I LOVE that your grandma reads you your horoscope every day. That's amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Kayla Sue, Perfect movie night =)

    @Natasha! You're welcome! So glad to share the love in the blogosphere (and love of Oprah too!)

    @Pink of Perfection, you're welcome! I am such a delighted reader of your blog. =) Yes, about to call her now for today's horoscope.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the little shout out! I am surprised you could narrow it down to so few. There are so many fascinating blogs out there. Call me anytime you want to watch You Got Mail! It has been too long.

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Autumn! You're welcome! Trust me, there are so many more I could easily add!

    And I'm totally going to take you up on the You've Got Mail invitation.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ma has The biggest smile on her face!
    Blog on, my lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm glad you are blogging. I like that you're writing. I found a notebook you had from Montessori Greenhouse and so enjoyed reading over your daily journaling. You'll like seeing it when you're here.
    Meanwhile, congrats - and blog on.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors