Monday, January 31, 2011

So sore, not sure I can type...

Yowsa!
Okay, I'm being a little melodramatic, but for reals wow! Didn't I just run on Saturday and now it's time to run again?

I headed out to our first "official" training after the kick off, sporting my training shirt that totally fit! Hooray!

We were running right across the street from the ocean, but since it was dark, I could have been running across from a brick wall and I probably wouldn't have known the difference. I did like knowing the ocean was so close though.

According to the schedule tonight's run was meant to be another 1 or 3 mile option. When I arrived though, the trainer announced we'd be heading 20 minutes out and 20 minutes back. 40 minutes of running?!?!?!? Eek! I took a few deep breaths and reminded myself to go at my own pace. Walk when I needed to but still push myself a bit.

And guess what? I totally did it!
It was totally and completely challenging but doable.

And now, as I write this, I feel a bit whiny bemoaning my soreness, but it's the truth! Everything hurts! But in a "I'm really proud of myself for getting out there and doing this" sort of a way.

4 comments:

  1. Woot, yeah you. Now a day's rest is in order, right? 40 minutes of running, that's great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! Definitely didn't run the whole time, but I was at least in motion for 40 minutes which is more than I'd done the day before! :)

    Resting today. Going to stretch for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go! 40 minutes! I am so proud of you! (Too many exclamation points but that is how I feel!)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors