Monday, January 3, 2011

Who you calling hot?

Wow! Well, I guess I can only say I'm flattered. I put my blog out to the fb world and the overwhelming response was "girl you already hot"! So thank you friends for the love and encouragement.

One of the comments that really got me was from my friend and mentor Brock, someone I consider to be one of the hottest people I know.
"...pardon my bias but i love your jiggle and your chubb. that said, i love the collective you MUCH more and i want to support your "weight loss"..."
It got me thinking about what exactly the title of this blog means to me. Since I moved up to the Bay Area 3 years ago (!) I have had the honor to meet and have conversations with some of the most incredibly hot and fierce, beautiful folks of size that are so up on body love at all sizes. From the performers strutting their stuff in Flabulous!, to fierce bloggers such as Bevin at The Queer Fat Femme Guide to Life, to finally finding fashion blogs that show curvy and confident women. These folks have genuinely stoked the flames of self-love when it comes to me loving my body right here and now in this moment.

So I wanted to emphasize that for me, hot does not equal thin. Thin does not equal hot. True, I have weight loss goals, but it's so much more than weight loss that is going to have me feeling that je ne sais quoi.... hotness.

Bgettinghot looks like feeling healthy, strong and safe in my body. And that feeling is not attached to a number on the scale or a size on the rack, that's just part of it. So thank you friends for being a part of this journey and reading along. The self-love fire is aburnin'.

4 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you cousin!!!!! I agree with your wealth of friends....you are totally HOT!! I commend your goals for this!! Getting and feeling healthy is the key. I'm glad to be along for the ride! You inspire me my love! Keep up the good work and fantastic attitude you've got going on...you loving yourself inspires and reminds me to love myself too! You are beautiful!!! xo!!
    ~Keri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Keri!!! I'm so grateful to have your support and encouragement. Love you cousin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. as long as you are loving the process as much, if not more, than the potential outcomes then you are in the right place.

    i'm grateful that you have opened up your journey for us all to be inspired by. know that i'm here cheering you on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Kate! It means a lot to me that you're here my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors