Wednesday, February 9, 2011

2.5 miles o fun

Track workout tonight.
Exhausted at the moment! But wanted to update because tonight I SO did NOT want to go to the track. But... since I'm practicing consistency I went!!! And 2.5 miles later I got to go home and enjoy a glass of wine and dinner my roommate had cooked. I felt very grateful for the warm welcome home.

So much more to update, but for now, I am happy to announce that it's week 2 of the training and my body is still very much adjusting (so sore). But I feel proud of myself and that feels lovely.

11 comments:

  1. Hey, way to push yourself. I've been too easy on myself in the past, but no more...must do, must do. Good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darla, yes! It's too easy to stay on the couch, remembering I want to report back to you all is helping me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos for pushing through and getting your workout in! I find that motivation is one of my most difficult issues, and it's frustrating, because I know what I need to do in terms of working out, and I even know when; but I just don't feel like it sometimes.

    Thanks for being an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @8-Rock, Yes! Getting going is the hard part. (The running is actually pretty hard too....)

    I'm trying to practice consistency in a bunch of areas in my life so here's to one step at a time! =)

    Thank you for your comment and words of encouragement! I'll keep you updated!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betha baby I'm catching up on your blog after many weeks away, and am totally impressed by your determination to stay on track with your goals even when you initially don't want to. Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray! Hello there LB! I've missed you friend! And thank you for the encouragement. Working out consistently definitely doesn't feel like second nature yet. Does it ever get there? =) In the meantime, I'm just telling myself, "okay, just get out there for 20 minutes. 10 minutes out and 10 minutes back, you can do it!" And having paid for the training is kinda motivation too.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors