Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Baby steps can feel like leaps and bounds

Remember I gave you a "by the numbers" update as part of my Blogiversary celebration?
Well, I'm excited to share more!
Even though my "getting hot" adventure is not only about losing weight; I've made no secret of the fact that I'm on a slimmin' and trimmin' mission.
When I first started this blog I weighed 253. I lost 10 of those pounds but then crept steadily upwards over the next year to 271.
So it's with excitement that I share that the scale today once again read... 253! Okay 253.6. But still!! It was a moment.
I know why I gained much weight over last year and I've shared many of those reasons right here with you. But since I've opened up this blog (this January), removed some of the shame, started moving, and yes tracking my food (grumble grumble)... it's made a difference (a -18 pound difference). Who would have thunk it? And for that I feel proud of me!

4 comments:

  1. That's a wonderful difference! Keep making healthy choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You deserve to celebrate a moment like that. I know that it is a pain to track what you eat, I do it too. But it sure does work. Be proud & keep your great attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks all for the encouragement!!!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors