Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Blogiversary! (Part II)

For Blogiversary Part II I thought I'd share a little highlight from each month of the last year. And even though each month was filled with many adventures in "Bgettinghot" I decided to pick just one from each month to highlight.

March 2010

I began this blog and this public journey!

I also pondered whether ballet and Bethany are mutually exclusive. And took a ballet class for the first time in 8 years!

April 2010

I continued with my push-up adventure. (This has been put on hold since I hurt my shoulder so badly this summer, but it's not forgotten!)

video

May 2010

I took my yoga adventures on the road! With Yoga in NYC !


June 2010

I got inspired

Want to know what's in store for us in 2010? I'm predicting a sudden, burning need for exercise. A need so powerful, we won't be able to ignore it. The excuses of the past (e.g. "I'm too tired." "I don't have enough time." "This is so boring.") will no longer exist and our sidewalks will be so full of exercisers that we will spill into the streets, stopping traffic with our sweaty selves and shouting "Get out of my way! I'm exercising!"

--Paige Waehner, yahoo about exercise blogger

July 2010

I got distracted. Only one little post.... and a lot of weight gained....

August 2010

I got really really distracted. No posts! More weight gain. This was the month I hurt my shoulder and stopped doing yoga all together. I also lost my job. And sad but true... my motivation for the "gettinghot" adventure. But who knew that exercise and writing was just the thing I needed to get recentered and start regaining a sense of self...(well Autumn and most of my good friends knew) but it took a while before I knew!

September 2010

I was reinspired by my very grown up vacation to NYC and Oprah's Live your Best life conference.

(**directors note, turn down the volume a bit, I was right by the microphone =)

video

October 2010

I started to rev it up by creating my own little home gym!


November 2010

I recharged with some of my favorite people

December 2010

I started moving more and clearing space




January 2011

I started being kinder to myself and finding more joy in this journey.

Oh! And Coleen and I signed up for a half-marathon! And I redefined my goals so that they felt SMARTer.

February 2011

I actively worked on defunking the funk and being Joy-filled!


And here we are now in March 2011!

Truthfully, if you had asked me last March to predict where I'd be today, I would surely have said something like "I'll be at my goal weight. My house will be perfectly organized. And I'll be doing work I absolutely love". I could not have seen the twists and turns of this last year. And if I had, I probably would have been sorely disappointed at the seeming lack of progress in those areas. But... since I actually am in today, I can tell you that I feel so much more proud of myself than I did last year. I feel more grounded and more grateful. I feel stronger and more aware of where I should turn when I don't feel that way. But most of all, today I feel really excited about this journey. I have no doubt it will look differently than I could imagine, but I trust that I'll be able to stick with it. And I'll be sure to share it along the way.

In the meantime, thanks for reading along this last year. If you're still reading (long post, I know, but blogiversary happens but once a year) please drop a hello in the comment section. I'll be happy you did!

Thanks!

P.S. Blogiversary Part III still to come!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your blogiversary! Great post, since I haven't been following you the whole time, it helped me to get caught up a bit. You have a great attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Debbie!
    I am all giddy about the occasion! Silly I know. But it's been quite the year so I've declared it worth celebrating!
    So glad you liked the post. I had fun looking back and trying to pick a few highlights to share.
    So glad you're following along now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I have been following you this whole time and it was so nice to see the journey. I have never seen that Dr. Oz video before! That is cool (I am surprised they let you get so close:).

    I agree with your closing remarks, you do seem a lot more proud of yourself. You've earned it and I am glad you recognize that.

    ps Did you notice my face while reading that book? I don't hide my feeling well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Autumn!
    And oh yes I totally noticed your expression. hahaha!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors