Thursday, March 3, 2011

Blogiversary Part III

Since it's been a year of posting here at Bgettinghot, I decided to think a bit about how I post. Although I will absolutely leave room for spontaneous posts that I just can't wait to share, I am going to try posting with a bit more structure. Not sure if it'll work or if I'll like posting in this way, but I'm going to give it a try.

Here is a "schedule" of my posts that I'll be starting next week.

Monday: Weekend warrior- I'll share my workouts from the weekend as well as an update on the "Saturday long run".

Tuesday: Yoga day- I go to yoga class on Tuesday so posting about it will help me be more accountable. Plus I love writing about my yoga classes.

Food and feelings file- Not exactly sure when this will come up, but I put it on Tuesday because usually when I'm still in yoga it gives me a chance to really feel what emotions are coming up. My eating is totally linked to my feelings so I'm trying to be a detective to find out how to find the pause button for the emotional eating.

Wednesday: Interview with a hot lady- I'm super excited about this new feature to be debuted this month! I'll be interviewing someone I think has officially "gotten hot". I'm so excited to learn from the fabulosity out there.

Link Love, Book reviews, blogs I read- I'll share books I love, links that inspire or blogs that I hope you'll check out. These are not sites/books/blogs that are compensating me in anyway, so I'll just share my love as it comes.

Thursday: New food/ recipe- That's right I said it. I'm trying a new food and or a new recipe each week! Eeek! The prospect actually makes me more excited than nervous, so stay tuned.

Friday: Numbered miles- Something I've been longing to do since I first got my hands on it, was to explore the 49 miles featured in the "San Francisco's 49 mile Scenic Drive book". Lots more details to come, but for now just know that if you've ever wanted to "walk SF" this is the book for you.

I am so looking forward to sharing this next year with you!

What do you think? Are you into structure or do you dig the more "post as it comes" sort of style? I'd love to hear your opinion!

4 comments:

  1. You've been busy since the last time I was able to catch up with you! lol Congrats on your blogiversary and all that you have accomplished! You freakin rock!! I'm so proud of you for never giving up and I LOVE how you point out on a previous post that you're not a failure if you can't run the 4 miles. It's so easy to feel that way sometimes and I'm glad you don't. I'd be happy if I could've run the 2 miles out! I'm so outta shape. It's a work in progress though. ;-)

    My aunt lives in the Bay area and I so wish I did so I could do the 49 mile thing too! That sounds awesome. Can't wait to hear about it!

    I like the idea of a structured blog, but that's just not me. I'm more of a journal type of blogger. I admire those that have "thought out" posts. I kind of babble (like I'm doing now! hehe) but that's just my style. I guess it takes all kinds. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brandi!!
    I do feel like I've been busy =)
    And thank you for the sweet encouragement. I am so glad to have gotten my butt kicked by those 4 miles so I could come to my senses. I was bummed that I could only run 2 miles? Um who is that talking! Not me anymore!!

    Yes! I'm excited to explore the Bay area in this new way. There's so much to see I know I've barely seen any of it. Especially since I just tend to find a place I like and stick with it!

    Not sure yet how the structured post thing is going to work for me, but I figured I'd give it a try!=) Thanks for reading along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds very interesting. I think I'll be moving towards something like this for my blog. Gotta be organized, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm digging the idea of structure right now, so I decided it's worth a try. Definitely let me know what you think as I get rolling with it! I appreciate the feedback :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors