Tuesday, July 19, 2011

It went something like this...

So the last week has gone something like this.

Start off day with fiercely fabulous eating overhaul breakfast. Usually yogurt and berries and a cup of black tea. Have fruit about 2 hours later. Have a giant and equally fabulous salad for lunch. And then about dinner time I ate right on target for half of the days. The other 4 days... Well, no gold stars for me. And a burger and fries were definitely not mentioned anywhere in "The Fat Smash diet".

But I did actually feel better overall. And the cold that was creeping up on me did get me, but not nearly as bad thanks to my ginger tea and veggie overload.

I had the very noble intention of blogging about each day. But since I didn't, let me say now that though I am not going to keep up quite that same rigorous (and sugar free) plan; there was something mega exhilarating about buying and actually using fresh fruit and vegetables. It was the first time I didn't have any spoil on me!

That was last week.... It's way too easy to let those new habits slip. Meaning I have a way too ripe cantaloupe on my kitchen counter, and 4 bananas that might be smoothie worthy but are too ripe for lunch. And even a couple of zucchini that I think I just have to say goodbye to.

Tonight I have a plan to give the fridge a clean sweep and hit the store (after breakfast) for some fresh fruits and veggies.

Anyone else feeling kind of lousy about the best of intentions? C'mon whine with me!

2 comments:

  1. I know just what you mean. So many of my days start out great and healthy just like yours, and then sometime around supper or after that things go downhill fast. I did a fridge sweep yesterday and had to throw out a couple of cucumbers, a whole bag of romaine lettuce, a 1/3 of a bag of baby spinach, a banana (not even smoothie worthy) and some carrots. Sometimes I buy all of these fresh and colorful veggies for salads and then I avoid fixing them because i think it will take too long.

    I commend you for finding a way to continue this new plan, while you tweak it to fit your needs. I think that's what we all have to do. This isn't an all or nothing journey, we just have to do the best we can to make those healthy changes, even if that means we change more gradually than we had intended. As long as we reach the destination, it shouldn't matter how long it takes us to get there.

    That said, Bravo for the success that you did have and congratulations on the improvement to your health and well being. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Major major thanks Debbie for your encouragement. I really appreciate it =)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors